- Seek shelter during a lightning storm, and stay away from windows, electrical outlets, and corded phones.
- Do not leave extension cords lying on the ground.
- Check trees to assure they are clear of overhead power lines. If trees are close to contact with the overhead power lines, contact Red Lake Eletric Cooperative (218-253-2168 or 1-800-245-6068) to have them cut or trimmed.
- Do not plant trees near power lines. Visualize the tree at it’s full height and keep it at least that far from the power lines.
- Dial 811 or Call Gopher one call at 1-800-252-1166 before digging; It’s the law and can prevent serious injury and expensive repair bills.
- Make sure all exterior electrical panels have their covers properly in place to prevent children from accessing them.
412 International Drive SW, P.O. Box 430, Red Lake Falls, MN 56750